130 Kai Malina Parkway
Building & Units
- Year Built 2008
- Number of Buildings 20
- Number of Floors 8
- Number of Units 699
- Min - Max Price $825,000 - $5,400,000
- Maintenance Fee $1,858.00 - $2,950.00
- Fitness Center yes
- Pool yes
- Gated Entry no
- Tennis Court no
- Location Beachfront
- Area (neighborhood) Kaanapali
- Region (area) West Maui
- Pets Yes (excluding dogs)
- Vacation Rentals Yes
Introduction to Honua Kai
Nestled on the sandy shores of Kaanapali Beach in a prized location, Honua Kai is a unique, luxurious, and coveted property for a variety of reasons. It is a one of a kind master-planned development, it blends fee simple property ownership with top of the line hotel amenities. It's the on site staff's attention to care and unmatched lifestyle that makes Honua Kai stand out among the Ka'anapli real estate market. World class amenities include: multiple pools (including a lazy river pool), multiple jacuzzis, outdoor state-of-the-art barbecues, a fitness center, Maui concierge services, a deli, a Duke's Restaurant, and direct beachfront access.
The Hokulani tower was the first of the two towers to be completed. It is designed in a U-shaped configuration with with an inner courtyard for odd number units and perimeter views for even numbers. This structure house the main lobby and the Aina Market, it carries high-end products, pastries, coffees, beverages, and more. Note that his unit is "busier" because it is the closest to Duke's and anchored by the largest pool in the complex.
The Konea towers is thew newest and is known for its calmer atmosphere and appeals more to the adults than the family-friendly Hokulani. The lobby of Konea is very welcoming and open, with the courtyard anchored by a picturesque fire pit (see it at night, it is simply phenomenal). In this tower you can find the Hoola Spa, the fitness center, and another front desk. This tower also has the underground parking garage.
Honua Kai condo sales in 2018
- Number of units sold: 40 (up from 34 in 2017)
- Average sales price: $1,605,882(up from $1,438,527 in 2017)
- Average sales price per square foot: $1,356.53 (down from $1,285.72 in 2017)
Honua Kai condo sales in 2017
- Number of units sold: 34 (up from 30 in 2016)
- Average sales price: $1,438,527(up from $1,425,060 in 2016)
- Average sales price per square foot: $1,285.72 (down from $1,815.10 in 2016)
Honua Kai condo sales in 2016
- Number of units sold: 30 (up from 24 in 2015)
- Average sales price: $1,425,060(down from $1,605,610 in 2015)
- Average sales price per square foot: $1,815.10 (down from $1,787.60 in 2015)
Honua Kai condo sales in 2015
- Number of units sold: 24 (up from 16 in 2014)
- Average sales price: $1,605,610 (down from $1,284,985 in 2014)
- Average sales price per square foot: $1,787.60 (down from $1,434.36 in 2014)
Honua Kai maintenance fees
The monthly maintenance fees (called Strata fees by Canadians) for Honua Kai varies depending on the size of the unit. Below are some approximate monthly fees based on information collected from Honua Kai units for sale.
Approximate maintenance fees:
- 0BR/1BA units - $595 to $1,125 per month
- 1BR/1BA units - $1,080 to 1,675 per month
- 2BR/2BA units - $1,858 to $2,425 per month
- 3BR/3BA units - $2,927 to $4,145 per month
Can I vacation rent a Honua Kai condo?
Honua Kai condominiums can be rented on a short term basis (officially called a "transient vacation rental" by Maui County).
How many units are there at Honua Kai?
There are a total of 627 units in the two towers of Honua Kai, 318 units in the Hokulani tower and 309 in the Konea Tower. The Luana Garden Villas portion will include 72 units. Although that sounds like plenty of units, the entire community sits on 40 lush acres of premier West Maui real estate.
How large are Honua Kai units?
According to the developer plans, there are a wide variety of floor plans at Honua Kai, way too many to list in exact detail. So in general, there are 4 major plans: studio, 1 bed & 1 bath, 2 bed & 2 bath, and 3 bed & 3 bath. The units range in size from 580 to 2770 square feet and all the units come with at least 1 lanai.
Honua Kai vacation rentals
There are about 350 units available for rent on VRBO and private 3rd party sites. Prices vary depending on location in the resort, floor level and quality of the unit.
Rental rates for Honua Kai:
Studio units - starting from $224/night up to $335/night
1BR/1BA units - starting from $169/night up to $377/night
2BR/2BA units - starting from $236/night up to $625/night
3BR/3BA units - starting from $549/night up to $2,400/night