940 South Kihei Road
Building & Units
- Year Built 1980
- Number of Buildings 4
- Number of Floors 3
- Number of Units 113
- Min - Max Price $220,000 - $750,000
- Maintenance Fee $432.00 - $741.00
- Fitness Center no
- Pool yes
- Gated Entry no
- Tennis Court no
- Location Beachfront
- Area (neighborhood) Kihei
- Region (area) South Maui
- Pets No
- Vacation Rentals Yes
Introduction to Luana Kai
Luana Kai is centrally located on South Kihei Road with easy access to all of what Kihei has to offer. The sandy beach is just 100 yards from the complex, convenient shops and restaurants are just minutes away, and the luxury of Wailea is just 10 minutes away as well! The community was designed with the residents in mind. To cool off from Kihei's well known sunny days is a fantastic pool for all your leisure needs; it is tiled with non slip quick drying modern material, less hard than concrete and with better traction. If the pool isn't your thing, Waipuilani Beach directly fronts the complex and is the perfect spot to watch for whales swimming and breaching from November through May. The common areas have outfitted with super-duty propane barbecues for grilling pleasure and large tables to accommodate an outdoor picnic. The Kitchen area by the pool has tables, ovens, range, sink, fridge and plenty of counter space for food preparation.
The community is primarily used as a vacation rental complex with an onsite property management in charge of running and maintaining the common the areas. The make up of Luana Kai tends to be visitors staying in the unit during vacation or owners vacationing during the winter and summer months.
Luana Kai condo sales in 2019
- Number of units sold: 8 (down from 9 in 2018
- Average sales price: $699,608 (up from $542,611 in 2018)
- Average sales price per square foot: $795.84 (up from $631.92 in 2018)
Luana Kai condo sales in 2018
- Number of units sold: 9 (up from 6 in 2017
- Average sales price: $542,611 (up from $517,500 in 2017)
- Average sales price per square foot: $631.92 (up from $559.02 in 2017)
Luana Kai condo sales in 2017
- Number of units sold: 6 (down from 9 in 2016
- Average sales price: $517,500 (up from $467,877 in 2016)
- Average sales price per square foot: $559.02 (down from $574.23 in 2016)
Luana Kai condo sales in 2016
- Number of units sold: 9 (up from 6 in 2015)
- Average sales price: $467,877 (up from $464,833 in 2015)
- Average sales price per square foot: $574.23 (down from $600.91 in 2015)
Luana Kai condo sales in 2015
- Number of units sold: 6 (up from 5 in 2014)
- Average sales price: $464,833 (down from $386,600 in 2014)
- Average sales price per square foot: $600.91 (down from $573.94 in 2014)
Luana Kai maintenance fees
The monthly maintenance fees (called Strata fees by Canadians) for Luana Kai varies depending on the size of the unit. Below are some approximate monthly fees based on information collected from Luana Kai condos for sale.
Approximate maintenance fees:
1BR/1BA units with 643 sq.ft. - $383 to $535 per month
2BR/2BA units with 963 sq.ft. - $512 to $633 per month
2BR/2BA units with 1,008 sq.ft. - $580 to $766 per month
Can I vacation rent a Luana Kai condo?
Luana Kai condominiums can be rented on a short term basis (officially called a "transient vacation rental" by Maui County).
How many units are there at Luana Kai?
The complex is roughly shaped in a square with parking lots border buildings C and B. Buildings D and A are considered the premier units because of the front row views of Waipuilani Beach. Across the four builds is a total of 113 units. Buildings A and D are the smallest with 14 units in each; Building B is the largest with 24 20 and building B is the 2nd largest with 20.
How large are Luana Kai units?
At Luana Kai, there are 4 floor plans in the community, some more rare than others. The floorpans can be broken down by the number of bedrooms in the unit: 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom, and 3 bedroom; each unit comes with matching number of bathrooms as bedrooms. The units feel larger than their square footage because each condo comes with a lanai at the back of the units.
Luana Kai vacation rentals
There are about 40 Luana Kai units available for rent on VRBO sites, other 3rd party sites, and private websites specific to 1 unit. Prices vary depending on location in the resort, floor level and quality of the unit.
Rental rates for Luana Kai:
1BR/1BA units - starting from $125/night up to $180/night
2BR/2BA units - starting from $150/night up to $260/night