1032 South Kihei Road
Building & Units
- Year Built 1975
- Number of Buildings 2
- Number of Floors 5
- Number of Units 225
- Min - Max Price $400,000 - $1,000,000
- Maintenance Fee $448.00 - $1,078.00
- Fitness Center no
- Pool yes
- Gated Entry no
- Tennis Court yes
- Location Beachfront
- Area (neighborhood) Kihei
- Region (area) South Maui
- Pets No
- Vacation Rentals Yes
Introduction to Maui Sunset
Maui Sunset is a beautiful oceanfront vacation condo complex residing in North Kihei, it evokes the kama'aina charm and grace of old Hawai'i. Entering the complex, one is immediately struck by the faux coral textured surfaces that set the complex apart from others. The grounds are immaculately maintained with the lush tropical setting reminding visitors of the island lifestyle. Maui Sunset is conveniently located to take advantage of nearby shopping, dining, golf, and tennis. The resort is a family-friendly with a wide variety of amenities: a large swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, BBQs, weight room, fully equipped kitchens, cable TV, in-room washer/dryer, air conditioning and private lanais.
Maui Sunset condo sales in 2019
- Number of units sold: 6 (up from 5 in 2018)
- Average sales price: $678,167 (up from $426,300 in 2018)
- Average sales price per square foot: $766.44 (up from $581.84 in 2018)
Maui Sunset condo sales in 2018
- Number of units sold: 5 (down from 9 in 2017)
- Average sales price: $426,300 (down from $487,556 in 2017)
- Average sales price per square foot: $581.84 (down from $606.98 in 2017)
Maui Sunset condo sales in 2017
- Number of units sold: 9 (same as 2016)
- Average sales price: $487,556 (up from $424,166 in 2016)
- Average sales price per square foot: $606.98 (up from $557.46 in 2016)
Maui Sunset condo sales in 2016
- Number of units sold: 9 (same as in 2015)
- Average sales price: $424,166 (up from $398,700 in 2015)
- Average sales price per square foot: $557.46 (up from $521.02 in 2015)
Maui Sunset condo sales in 2015
- Number of units sold: 10 (up from 9 in 2014)
- Average sales price: $398,700 (up from $395,777 in 2014)
- Average sales price per square foot: $521.02 (up from $520.04 in 2014)
Maui Sunset maintenance fees
The monthly maintenance fees (called Strata fees by Canadians) for Maui Sunset varies depending on the size of the unit. Below are some approximate monthly fees based on information collected from Maui Sunset units for sale.
Approximate maintenance fees:
1BR/2BA units with 681 sq. ft. - $400 to $500 per month
2BR/2BA units with 974 sq. ft. - $500 to $650 per month
3BR/2BA units with 1,392 sq. ft. - $650 to $750 per month
Can I vacation rent a Maui Sunset condo?
Maui Sunset condominiums can be rented on a short term basis (officially called a "transient vacation rental" by Maui County).
How many units are there at Maui Sunset?
There are a total of 225 condo units at Maui Sunset, split among two 5-story buildings. In between the two buildings are the common areas, tennis court, and the pool. The entire complex sits on just under 6 acres.
How large are Maui Sunset units?
There are three formally recognized floor plans at Maui sunset according to the condo directory. The first floor plan is the smallest, it boasts: 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, kitchen, a lanai, a small dining area, and decent sized living room. The second floor plan is medium sized containing: 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, kitchen, living room, dining room, and a lanai. The third is the largest floor plan with the option of the den being used as a third bedroom, it has 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, kitchen, living room, dining room, a lanai, and a small yard off of the den.
Maui Sunset vacation rentals
There are about 140 units available for rent on VRBO sites and prices vary depending on location in the resort, floor level and quality of the unit.
Rental rates for Maui Sunset:
1BR/2BA units - starting from $100/night up to $320/night
2BR/2BA units - starting from $230/night up to $415/night
3BR/2BA units - starting from $270/night up to $420/night