Kihei Bay Surf
715 South Kihei Road
Building & Units
- Year Built 1979
- Number of Buildings 3
- Number of Floors 2
- Number of Units 118
- Min - Max Price $240,000 - $300,000
- Maintenance Fee $500.00 - $560.00
- Fitness Center no
- Pool yes
- Gated Entry no
- Tennis Court no
- Location Across the street from Ocean
- Area (neighborhood) Kihei
- Region (area) South Maui
- Pets No
- Vacation Rentals Yes
Introduction to Kihei Bay Surf
Located in North Kihei, this studio style condominium complex is composed of 118 units in 7 two-story buildings that sit directly across the street from the beach. Sitting on almost three acres across from Sugar Beach is a perfect location for visitors who like to kick back and relax in the sand or take a nice swim in the peaceful warm waters of the Pacific. Amenities available include a heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi spa, BBQ areas, and tennis courts. The Kihei condos for sale at Kihei Bay Surf have short-term rentals available, but pets are not allowed.
Kihei Bay Surf condo sales in 2019
- Number of units sold: 13 (up from 8 in 2017)
- Average sales price: $311,808 (up from $259,563 in 2018)
- Average sales price per square foot: $699.47 (up from $581.79 in 2018)
Kihei Bay Surf condo sales in 2018
- Number of units sold: 8 (same as 2017)
- Average sales price: $259,563 (up from $248,500 in 2017)
- Average sales price per square foot: $581.79 (up from $541.69 in 2017)
Kihei Bay Surf condo sales in 2017
- Number of units sold: 8 (down from 9 in 2016)
- Average sales price: $248,500 (up from $216,555 in 2016)
- Average sales price per square foot: $541.69 (down from $486.64 in 2016)
Kihei Bay Surf condo sales in 2016
- Number of units sold: 9 (down from 12 in 2015)
- Average sales price: $216,555 (down from $222,000 in 2015)
- Average sales price per square foot: $486.64 (down from $490.90 in 2015)
Kihei Bay Surf condo sales in 2015
- Number of units sold: 14 (up from 4 in 2014)
- Average sales price: $222,000 (up from $187,500 in 2014)
- Average sales price per square foot: $490.90 (up from $421.35 in 2014)
Kihei Bay Surf maintenance fees
The monthly maintenance fees (called Strata fees by Canadians) for Kihei Bay Surf have a variable range for the units.
Approximate maintenance fees:
Studio/1BA units - $500 to $600 per month
Can I vacation rent a Kihei Bay Surf condo?
Kihei Bay Surf condominiums can be rented on a short term basis (officially called a "transient vacation rental" by Maui County). About 1/3 of the units are offered as vacation rentals through VRBO, while other owners may choose to run their units through a private 3rd party management company, not rent their units out at all, or manage the units themselves.
How large are Kihei Bay Surf units?
All of the units at Kihei Bay Surf come in a standard studio floor plan with 445 square feet, one bathroom, kitchen, and lanai.
Kihei Bay Surf vacation rentals
There are about 40 units available for rent on VRBO sites and prices vary depending on location in the resort, floor level and quality of the unit.
Rental rates for Kihei Bay Surf:
Studio/1BA units - starting from $70/night up to $150/night