2777 South Kihei Road
Building & Units
- Year Built 1988
- Number of Buildings 23
- Number of Floors 2
- Number of Units 314
- Min - Max Price $500,000 - $1,000,000
- Maintenance Fee $588.00 - $930.00
- Fitness Center yes
- Pool yes
- Gated Entry no
- Tennis Court yes
- Location Across the street from Ocean
- Area (neighborhood) Kihei
- Region (area) South Maui
- Pets No
- Vacation Rentals Yes
Introduction to Maui Kamaole
A stand out feature of Maui Kamaole is its desirable location across the street from Kamaole Beach Park III (the largest and best of the 3 Kamaole Beach Parks). Built at a slight incline, the complex takes full advantage of its slight elevation and maximizes view corridors. Besides having the beach across the street, Maui Kamaole owners and guests also enjoy great shopping, dining and entertainment options right in walking distance.
Our expertise in listing and selling at Maui Kamaole
The Sayles Team has shown many units at Maui Kamaole throughout the years and has experience helping our clients buy Maui Kamaole. Below are highlights of our experience in the community.
Sold for $550,000 on 01/24/2017
2BR/2BA with 1,052 sqft of living area
Buyer represented by the Sayles Team
Maui Kamaole condo sales in 2018
- Number of units sold: 24 (up from 24 in 2017)
- Average sales price: $685,873 (up from $618,793 in 2017)
- Average sales price per square foot: $676.84 (up from $622.76 in 2017)
Maui Kamaole condo sales in 2017
- Number of units sold: 24 (up from 6 in 2016)
- Average sales price: $618,793 (down from $657,900 in 2016)
- Average sales price per square foot: $622.76 (down from $635.15 in 2016)
Maui Kamaole condo sales in 2016
- Number of units sold: 6 (down from 12 in 2015)
- Average sales price: $657,900 (up from $643,083 in 2015)
- Average sales price per square foot: $635.15 (up from $612.48 in 2015)
Maui Kamaole condo sales in 2015
- Number of units sold: 12 (down from 17 in 2014)
- Average sales price: $643,083 (down from $667,382 in 2014)
- Average sales price per square foot: $612.48 (up from $591.22 in 2014)
Maui Kamaole condo sales in 2014
- Number of units sold: 17 (down from 22 in 2013)
- Average sales price: $667,382 (up from $554,522 in 2013)
- Average sales price per square foot: $591.22 (up from $562.36 in 2013)
Maui Kamaole maintenance fees
The monthly maintenance fees (called Strata fees by Canadians) for Maui Kamaole varies depending on the size of the unit. Below are some approximate monthly fees based on information collected from Maui Kamaole units for sale.
Approximate maintenance fees:
1BR/2BA units - $450 to $662 per month
2BR/2BA units- $555 to $845 per month
*Note: As of 2013, there was a $798 special assessment to all owners due for lanai flower boxes. Also, all upstairs units will be assessed $2,500-$3,000 over the next two years to cover the expense of new railings (if it hasn't been completed yet).
Can I vacation rent a Maui Kamaole condo?
Maui Kamaole condominiums can be rented on a short term basis (officially called a "transient vacation rental" by Maui County). There are at least 250 units available for rent on VRBO alone, other owners may choose to run their units independently or through other third party facilitators. However, it's safe to say at least 70% of the units are in some type of rental program. Rental prices vary depending on location in the resort (proximity to the beach), floor level, and quality of the unit (upgrades, etc).
Rental rates for Maui Kamaole:
1BR/2BA units - starting from $140/night up to $212/night
2BR/2BA units - starting from $212/night up to $402+/night
How many units are there at Maui Kamaole?
There are a total of 314 units at Maui Kamaole spread out over 23 acres with each cluster built at a steady incline to maximize ocean views. The units on the outer perimeter that front South Kihei Road are positioned perfectly to take advantage of those South Maui Sunsets. With two tennis courts, two swimming pools, spas and the convenient access to Kamaole Beach III makes this the perfect location to live.
How large are Maui Kamaole units?
At Maui Kamaole there are two general floor plans available to buyers, one bed and one bath or two beds and two baths. Although we say there are only two floor plans, in reality there are more like 6 because of the various square footage sizes, however, to keep things simple there two floor plans offered in different sizes. The one bed and two bath units range from 849-1039 square feet, while the two bed and two bath units fall somewhere from 1051-1279 square feet.