146 Hoolei Circle
Ho'olei Villa 99-6
Special properties like Ho'olei Villa 99-6 rarely become available. This iconic home is situated on the very top row of the last resort-zoned development in Wailea. The view is simply spectacular - with panoramic ocean vistas looking out towards the outer islands of Molokini and Kaho'olawe.
Ho'olei Villa 21-1
The villa you have been waiting for at Ho'olei. This is the largest and most highly sought after floor plan in the community. Truly a legacy property perfect for multigenerational enjoyment. Situated on the very center of the last hotel-zoned development in Wailea.
Ho'olei Villa 81-5
This beautiful villa is situated near the Ho’olei pool for your ease and enjoyment. The view is simply spectacular - with panoramic ocean vistas looking out towards the Pacific Ocean. Enjoy gorgeous sunsets sitting on the spacious covered lanai.
Building & Units
- Year Built 2008
- Number of Buildings 20
- Number of Floors 2
- Number of Units 120
- Min - Max Price $2,800,000 - $4,300,000
- Maintenance Fee $1,511.49 - $1,854.08
- Fitness Center yes
- Pool yes
- Gated Entry yes
- Tennis Court no
- Location Across the street from Ocean
- Area (neighborhood) Wailea
- Region (area) South Maui
- Pets No
- Vacation Rentals Yes
Ho'olei Condos in Wailea
With 120 elegant condominium townhomes sitting on thirty acres of flourishing tropical land, Ho'olei is one of the newest additions to the Wailea Resort. This gated Wailea condo community is made up of twenty two-story buildings. Built out in 2008, Ho'olei is surrounded on three sides by the 3rd, 4th, and 5th holes of the Old Wailea Blue Golf Course. Buildings A (52), B (63), C (75), D (87), E (99), and F (112) are all bordered by and overlook the 4th fairway. F (112) and G (93) both touch the 5th fairway and the units in A (52), M (17), and N (15) sit over the 3rd hole.
Market Glance for Hoolei Condos for Sale
- Number of units available: 4
- Number of pending sales (under contract): 1
- Average Days on Market:133 days
- Average asking price: $3,062,250
- Average asking price per square foot: $1,104.90
- Lowest price listing: $2,725,000 for Villa 12-6
- Highest price listing: $3,499,000 for Villa 21-1
Hoolei condo sales in 2018
- Number of units sold: 7
- Average sales price: $2,634,643
- Average sales price per square foot: $1,024.96
- Lowest price sale: $1,750,000 (Unit 24-3 Sold on 06/27/2018)
- Highest price sale: $3,212,500 (Unit 39-4 Sold on 04/30/2018)
Hoolei condo sales in 2017
- Number of units sold: 7
- Average sales price: $2,891,928
- Average sales price per square foot: $1,055.65
- Lowest price sale: $2,280,000 (Unit 24-1 Sold on 12/05/2017)
- Highest price sale: $3,160,000 (Unit 52-2 Sold on 07/31/2017)
Hoolei condo sales in 2016
- Number of units sold: 11
- Average sales price: $2,745,454
- Average sales price per square foot: $1,005.39
- Lowest price sale: $1,920,000 (Unit 12-3 Sold on 07/29/2016)
- Highest price sale: $3,300,000 (Unit 52-1 Sold on 01/27/2016)
Hoolei condo sales in 2015
- Number of units sold: 9
- Average sales price: $2,677,222
- Average sales price per square foot: $1,031.69
- Lowest price sale: $1,750,000 (Unit 24-4 Sold on 04/10/2015)
- Highest price sale: $3,100,000 (Unit 87-3 Sold on 10/30/2015)
Hoolei condo sales in 2014
- Number of units sold: 9
- Average sales price: $2,712,777
- Average sales price per square foot: $979.10
- Lowest price sale: $1,690,000 (Unit 93-1 Sold on 06/03/2014)
- Highest price sale: $3,250,000 (Unit 75-4 Sold on 06/10/2014)
Ho'olei maintenance fees
The monthly maintenance fees (called Strata fees by Canadians) for Ho'olei varies depending on the size of the unit. Below are some approximate monthly fees based on information collected from Ho'olei units for sale.
Approximate maintenance fees:
Maile floor plan with 2,426 sq.ft. - $1,476.09 per month
Plumeria floor plan with 2,619 sq.ft. - $1,613.86 per month
Hibiscus floor plan with 3,076 sq.ft. - $1,810.68 per month
Ho'olei Condo Floorplans
The 120 units offer three different floor plans known as the Plumeria, Hibiscus, and Maile. All of the townhomes at Ho'olei are two-story and include a private elevator and one car garage. Every floor plan has 3 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms that range from 2,554 to 3,293 square feet in size. All of the units are well equipped with central air-conditioning, limestone/travertine tile flooring, African Mahogany entryways, granite countertops, Wolf and Sub-Zero appliances, as well as Studio Snaidero custom cabinetry. Due to the terraced layout, most of the villas at Ho'olei overlook the Wailea Resort with breath taking views of the ocean and neighboring islands. Pets are not allowed.
Amenities at Ho'olei Condominiums
The pool at Ho'olei is very impressive. There is tropical sandy entrance with an amazing 19-foot waterfall. There are also two whirlpool spas, a children’s pool, an outdoor pavilion, a fitness center, private locker rooms, saunas. Additionally, the Grand Wailea Resort and Spa provides shuttle service to all Ho'olei owners who are Kulana Club Members.
The original developer villas at Ho'olei came with a Grand Wailea Kulana Club membership rolled into the purchase price. This exclusive club grants it’s members access to the Grand Wailea's 9 pools, the Spa Grande, as well as the hotel’s fitness center. Kulana Club members are also granted preferred pricing on the Grand Wailea hotel rooms, spa treatments, and food and beverage charged to the member account. Ho'olei homeowners also enjoy special golf memberships at all three Wailea golf courses, including significantly reduced green fees. Furthermore, Ho'olei homeowners may also purchase preferred memberships at the highly sought after Wailea Tennis Club
A Pristine Wailea Location
Ho'olei at Wailea can be found at 146 Ho'olei Circle, which is located directly across the street from the ballroom entrance of the Grand Wailea Resort and Spa. The Shops at Wailea and the Four Seasons Resort are also located within walking distance from the community.
Ho'olei is the last hotel-zoned property in the Wailea Resort, so short-term vacation rentals are permitted in the neighborhood.
Can I vacation rent a Ho'olei condo?
Yes, Ho'olei condominiums can be rented on a short term basis (officially called a "transient vacation rental" by Maui County).
Ho'olei vacation rentals
There are about 40 units available for rent on VRBO sites and prices vary depending on location in the resort, floor level and quality of the unit. Prices on rental website range from $700/night up to $2,300/night. Apart from location and view quality, the main determining factor for nightly rates at Ho'olei is whether the rental includes Grand Wailea privileges.
Ho'olei Condo Map + Floorplans
Below is a map showing all the currently available condominium listings at Ho'olei.