421 South Kihei Road
Building & Units
- Year Built 2007
- Number of Buildings 22
- Number of Floors 2
- Number of Units 112
- Min - Max Price $480,000 - $760,000
- Maintenance Fee $445.00 - $933.00
- Fitness Center yes
- Pool yes
- Gated Entry no
- Location Across the street from Ocean
- Area (neighborhood) Kihei
- Region (area) South Maui
- Pets Yes (including dogs)
- Vacation Rentals No
Introduction to Kai Makani
If living within minutes to the beach and having newer construction is important to you, then Kai Makani is the perfect place! The buildings that front South Kihei Road are easily within 50-60 yards of pristine white sand that is Maui's longest stretch of sandy beach. The building architecture and design carries a hint of Hawaiian style influence with richly detailed stucco exteriors. The interiors feature central air conditioning, ceiling fans, European kitchens, granite counter tops and designer coordinated carpet and tile.
Just across the street at the beach in front of the complex offers all sorts of uniquely Maui activities: stand up paddle boarding, watching the whales breach in during the winter, surf south swells in the summer, or snorkel with the turtles at the coral reef less than 100 yards from the shores.
Our expertise at listing and selling at Kai Makani
The Sayles Team has extensive experience showing and selling condos at Kai Makani. Below is a recap of recent success:
Sold for $660,000 on 02/3/2020
2BR/2BA with 1,126 sqft of living area. Buyer represented by the Sayles Team
Sold for $507,500 on 07/13/18
2BR/2BA with 823 sqft of living area. Buyer represented by the Sayles Team
Kai Makani condo sales in 2019
- Number of units sold: 7 (down from 10 in 2018)
- Average sales price: $611,357 (down from $620,850 in 2018)
- Average sales price per square foot: $570.50 (down from $598.53 in 2018)
Kai Makani condo sales in 2018
- Number of units sold: 10 (up from 5 in 2017)
- Average sales price: $620,850 (up from $599,840 in 2017)
- Average sales price per square foot: $598.53 (up from $560.33 in 2017)
Kai Makani condo sales in 2017
- Number of units sold: 5 (5 in 2016)
- Average sales price: $599,840 (up from $529,650 in 2016)
- Average sales price per square foot: $560.33 (up from $486.01 in 2016)
Kai Makani condo sales in 2016
- Number of units sold: 5 (down from 9 in 2015)
- Average sales price: $529,650 (up from $501,409 in 2015)
- Average sales price per square foot: $486.01 (up from $469.60 in 2015)
Kai Makani condo sales in 2015
- Number of units sold: 9 (down from 10 in 2014)
- Average sales price: $501,409 (down from $541,109 in 2014)
- Average sales price per square foot: $469.60 (up from $449.64 in 2014)
Kai Makani condo sales in 2014
- Number of units sold: 10 (down from 13 in 2013)
- Average sales price: $541,109 (down from $487,923 in 2013)
- Average sales price per square foot: $449.64 (down from $459.93 in 2013)
Kai Makani maintenance fees
The monthly maintenance fees (called Strata fees by Canadians) for Kai Makani varies depending on the size of the unit.
Approximate maintenance fees:
2BR/2BA units - $345 to $545 per month
3BR/2BA units - $555 to $605 per month
Can I vacation rent a Kai Makani condo?
Kai Makani condominiums cannot be rented on a short term basis (officially called a "transient vacation rental" by Maui County).
How many units are there at Kai Makani?
There are a total of 112 condo units at Kai Makani and are nicely spread out over the complex site, so the community feels quite spacious. There are 22 building clusters spread out on just over 9 acres of land, all of the buildings are two-stories.
How large are Kai Makani units?
There are a total of 5 floor plans at Kai Makani. The two bed and two baths units offer the most diversity with living sizes of: 811, 823, 1075, 1126 square feet. The final floor plan is three beds and two baths with 1238 sq.ft. of living area. All of the units come with a lanai and is a great space for relaxing on cool days or firing up the BBQ.