Building & Units
- Year Built 1973
- Number of Buildings 1
- Number of Floors 6
- Number of Units 82
- Min - Max Price $480,000 - $570,000
- Maintenance Fee $378.00 - $577.00
- Fitness Center no
- Pool yes
- Gated Entry no
- Tennis Court no
- Location Across the street from Ocean
- Area (neighborhood) Kihei
- Region (area) South Maui
- Pets Yes (including dogs)
- Vacation Rentals Yes
Introduction to Island Surf
Built in 1973, Island Surf is classic South Maui vacation destination, sitting on 1.5 acres of pristine South Maui real estate. The complex is just across the street from the well-known Charlie Young beach with side facing units having tremendous views of the Pacific and the neighboring Hawaiian islands.
Residents have access to a heated swimming pool on the roof of the second floor looking out towards the ocean. After stepping out of the door and walking across the street, residents also have direct beach access at any time. The Kihei condos for sale at Island Surf are a mix of commercial units on the first floor and residential units from the 2nd floor and up.
Island Surf condo sales in 2021
- Number of units sold: 2 (down from 3 in 2020)
- Average sales price: $522,500 (up from $458,666 in 2020)
- Average sales price per square foot: $867.94 (up from $761.90 in 2020)
Island Surf condo sales in 2020
- Number of units sold: 3 (down from 5 in 2019)
- Average sales price: $458,666 (down from $537,200 in 2019)
- Average sales price per square foot: $761.90 (up from $686.96 in 2019)
Island Surf condo sales in 2019
- Number of units sold: 5 (same as 2018)
- Average sales price: $537,200 (up from $465,600 in 2018)
- Average sales price per square foot: $686.96 (down from $687.26 in 2018)
Island Surf condo sales in 2018
- Number of units sold: 5 (from from 3 in 2017)
- Average sales price: $465,600 (down from $468,050 in 2017)
- Average sales price per square foot: $687.26 (up from $501.20 in 2017)
Island Surf condo sales in 2017
- Number of units sold: 3 (down from from 4 in 2016)
- Average sales price: $468,050 (up from $417,525 in 2016)
- Average sales price per square foot: $501.20 (down from $618.76 in 2016)
Island Surf condo sales in 2016
- Number of units sold: 4 (up from 17 in 2015)
- Average sales price: $417,525 (down from $386,900 in 2015)
- Average sales price per square foot: $618.76 (down from $523.54 in 2015)
Island Surf maintenance fees
The monthly maintenance fees (called Strata fees by Canadians) for Island Surf varies depending on the size of the unit. Below are some approximate monthly fees based on information collected from Island Surf units for sale.
Approximate maintenance fees:
1BR/1BA units - $280.69 to $441.38 per month
2BR/2BA units - $430.83 to $560.00 per month
Can I vacation rent an Island Surf condo?
Yes, Island Surf condominiums can be rented on a short term basis (officially called a "transient vacation rental" by Maui County).
How many units are there at Island Surf?
The complex is a six story high rise and directly across from the beach and is popular building among the South Maui population. There are 82 units available in all with commercial spaces on the first floor.
How large are Island Surf units?
At Island Surf, the building was built in a unique way where the front of the complex runs parallel to South Kihei Road and another part of the units at a 45 degree angle along Auhana Road. There are 2 type of floor plans with variations on each, so there actually a total of 4 different floor plans. The one-bedroom units have one bath and range from 602 to 707 square feet. The two bedroom floor plans have two baths and are 957 square feet.
Floor Plans at Island Surf:
1BR/1BA unit with 1 or 2 lanais
2BR/2BA unit with 1 or 2 lanais
Island Surf vacation rentals
There are about 175 or so units available for rent on VRBO, other third party sites offering similar rentals, and privately ran sites specific to certain units; prices vary depending on location in the resort, floor level, and quality of the unit.
Rental rates for Island Surf:
Studio units - starting from $75/night up to $150/night
1BR/1BA units - starting from $75/night up to $150/night
2BR/2BA units - starting from $150/night up to $220/night