2737 South Kihei Road
Building & Units
- Year Built 1974
- Number of Buildings 8
- Number of Floors 3
- Number of Units 188
- Min - Max Price $515,000 - $700,000
- Maintenance Fee $587.00 - $862.00
- Fitness Center no
- Pool yes
- Gated Entry no
- Tennis Court yes
- Location Across the street from Ocean
- Area (neighborhood) Kihei
- Region (area) South Maui
- Pets Yes (including dogs)
- Vacation Rentals Yes
Introduction to Hale Kamaole
Hale Kamaole is a popular choice in the Kihei condominium community because of its price range and pristine location across from Kamaole Beach Park III. The perimeter of the complex is the resident parking lot and the single way road that circles the community. The buildings border the edge of the parking lot with the middle of the complex being lush open spaces of green grass, perfect for picnicking or lounging under the sun. Amenities for private use by owners and guests are two solar-heated pools, barbecue areas with beautiful ocean views, and a tennis court.
Our expertise at listing and selling at Hale Kamaole
The Sayles Team has experience helping our clients buy a condo at Hale Kamaole. Below is a recap of recent success:
Sold for $675,000 on 03/27/2019
2BR/2BA with 1,112 sqft of living area. The Sayles Team represented the buyer.
Hale Kamaole condo sales in 2019
- Number of units sold: 9 (down from 16 in 2018)
- Average sales price: $580,278 (up from $460,531 in 2018)
- Average sales price per square foot: $627.25 (up from $560.60 in 2018)
Hale Kamaole condo sales in 2018
- Number of units sold: 16 (up from 12 in 2017)
- Average sales price: $460,531 (down from $471,125 in 2017)
- Average sales price per square foot: $560.60 (up from $526.96 in 2017)
Hale Kamaole condo sales in 2017
- Number of units sold: 12 (up from 6 in 2016)
- Average sales price: $471,125 (down from $522,900 in 2016)
- Average sales price per square foot: $526.96 (up from $522.27 in 2016)
Hale Kamaole condo sales in 2016
- Number of units sold: 6 (up from 5 in 2015)
- Average sales price: $522,900 (up from $495,000 in 2015)
- Average sales price per square foot: $522.27 (down from $550.14 in 2015)
Hale Kamaole condo sales in 2015
- Number of units sold: 5 (down from 6 in 2014)
- Average sales price: $495,000 (up from $485,000 in 2014)
- Average sales price per square foot: $550.14 (up from $515.94 in 2014)
Hale Kamaole maintenance fees
The monthly maintenance fees (called Strata fees by Canadians) for Hale Kamaole varies depending on the size of the unit. Below are the approximate monthly fees based on information collected from Hale Kamaole units for sale.
Approximate maintenance fees:
1BR/1BA units - $244 to $400 per month
2BR/2BA units - $400 to $649 per month
How large are Hale Kamaole units?
There are two floorplans at Hale Kamaole: one bed, one bath in the range of 778-806 square feet and two bed, two bath unit with 1112-1250 square feet. The one bedroom units come with a spacious living room that opens up to a lanai; while the kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom are just off the front entry. The two bedroom units are two stories, the first floor mirrors the one bedroom layout, while the major difference is the second floor that has an additional living room, bedroom, and bath.
Can I vacation rent a Hale Kamaole condo?
Yes, Hale Kamaole condominiums can be rented on a short term basis (officially called a "transient vacation rental" by Maui County).
How many units are there at Hale Kamaole?
There are a total of 188 condo units at Hale Kamaole dispersed among 8 building clusters sitting on 8 acres of land prime South Maui real estate. Among the 8 buildings there are 2 three-story buildings and 6 two-story buildings. The complex is split into two parts, an upper (buildings 1,2,3,7,8) and lower tier (buildings 4,5,6). The lower tier consists of a pool and the main office of the complex, it is on a rather flat part of the property. The upper tier inclines giving the further back units nice ocean views, it also has a tennis court on the lower portion and a pool on the upper portion. Buildings 1 and 8 are the closest to South Kihei road, while buildings 4 and 5 are the furthest back.
Hale Kamaole vacation rentals
There are about 80 units available for rent on VRBO sites and prices vary depending on location in the resort, floor level and quality of the unit.
Rental rates for Hale Kamaole:
1BR/1BA units - starting from $140/night up to $200/night
2BR/2BA units - starting from $190/night up to $275/night