Building & Units
- Year Built 1987
- Number of Buildings 34
- Number of Floors 3
- Number of Units 130
- Min - Max Price $2,200,000 - $20,000,000
- Maintenance Fee $2,200.00 - $6,581.00
- Fitness Center yes
- Pool yes
- Gated Entry yes
- Tennis Court yes
- Location Oceanfront
- Area (neighborhood) Wailea
- Region (area) South Maui
- Pets Yes (including dogs)
- Vacation Rentals No
Wailea Point Overview
Wailea Point is constantly revered as one of the finest luxury condominiums in the entire state of Hawaii. Developed in the early 1980's, this pristine destination was completely built out in 1986. There are 130 beautifully designed luxury units offered in 34 two and three-story buildings that are situated on 28 acres of lush tropical landscaping. With only five units per acre, residents are able to experience true privacy. The large, manicured grounds are filled with mature palm trees and all kinds of colorful tropical foliage. This gated condominium community secludes itself right in between Wailea Beach and Polo Beach, letting residents escape to their own private getaway.
There are a large variety of floor plan designs at Wailea Point with two, three, or four bedrooms available. Every unit has its own private lanai that are up to 910 square feet. Two-bedroom units have either two or three bathrooms with a spacious interior ranging from 1,553 to 3,172 square feet. Three-bedroom floor plans have from two to three and a half bathrooms and have interiors ranging from 1,359 to 3,666 square feet. The four-bedroom luxury condominium has either four or six bathrooms and boasts an interior with 4,813 square feet. There is not one unit that is the same in terms of furnishing, which reflects on each of the owners’ personal taste. All units do come equipped with central air-conditioning, cable television, washer and dryer, free internet access, and a built in barbecue on the private lanai.
The many amenities at Wailea Point include gated entrances with 24 hour security, three heated swimming pools, a 25-meter lap pool, two large Jacuzzi spas, fitness center, tennis and paddle tennis courts, outdoor pavilions with complete kitchens, multiple barbecue areas, covered garage, and concierge service with discounted golf and tennis rates. A majority of the buildings at Wailea Point have breathtaking, unobstructed views all the way from Makena to the West Maui Mountains. Residents are able to enjoy spectacular sunsets as well as ocean vistas and views of neighboring islands.
The Sayles Team has recent experience helping clients buy and sell condos at Wailea Point. Whether you a looking to sell your Wailea Point condo or doing research before making a purchase, The Sayles Team has first hand expertise to help you. Below are highlights of our sales achievements at Wailea Point.
Market Glance for Wailea Point condos for Sale
Updated August 5, 2022
- Number of units available: 4
- Number of pending sales (under contract): 0
- Average Days on Market: 122 days
- Average asking price: $10,123,750
- Average asking price per square foot: $3,457.15
- Lowest price listing: $6,495,000 for Unit #2302
Wailea Point condo sales in 2021
- Number of units sold: 15 (up from 14 in 2020)
- Average sales price: $5,784,533 (up from from $3,488,595 in 2020)
- Average sales price per square foot: $2,052.53 (up from $1,618.85 in 2020)
Wailea Point condo sales in 2020
- Number of units sold: 14 (up from 5 in 2019)
- Average sales price: $3,488,595 (up from from $3,008,000 in 2019)
- Average sales price per square foot: $1,618.85 (up from $1,581.79 in 2019)
Wailea Point condo sales in 2019
- Number of units sold: 5 (down from 9 in 2018)
- Average sales price: $3,008,000 (down from from $3,152,876 in 2018)
- Average sales price per square foot: $1,581.79 (up from $1,517.58 in 2018)
Wailea Point condo sales in 2018
- Number of units sold: 9 (up from 9 in 2017)
- Average sales price: $3,152,876 (down from from $4,152,441 in 2017)
- Average sales price per square foot: $1,517.58 (down from $1,793.65 in 2017)
Wailea Point maintenance fees
The monthly maintenance fees (called Strata fees by Canadians) for Wailea Point varies depending on the size of the unit. Below are some approximate monthly fees based on information collected from Wailea Point units for sale.
Approximate maintenance fees:
2BR/2BA units - $2,241 to $2,516 per month
3BR/3BA units with - $2,516 to $3,671 per month
3BR/4BA units with - $3,671 to $3,606 per month
Where is Wailea Point located?
The condos of Wailea Point are located right next to The Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea and are just a 4 minute drive away from the Shops at Wailea.
Can I Vacation Rent Wailea Point condos?
The situation at Wailea Point is unique. The property is technically zoned to allow short term rentals however the owners at Wailea Point have voted to apply restrictions which means that only long term rentals are possible.