Building & Units
- Year Built 1991
- Number of Buildings 8
- Number of Floors 5
- Number of Units 256
- Min - Max Price $540,000 - $895,000
- Maintenance Fee $530.00 - $791.00
- Fitness Center no
- Pool yes
- Gated Entry no
- Tennis Court yes
- Location Across the street from Ocean
- Area (neighborhood) Kihei
- Region (area) South Maui
- Pets Yes (excluding dogs)
- Vacation Rentals Yes
Introduction to Maui Banyan
Sitting directly across from Kamaole Beach Park II, Maui Banyan couldn't have more of a convenient and pristine access to the beach. The complex sits across the street from the beach and not actually on it, which in fact is actually a benefit because the complex isn't directly hit with salty sea breezes that over time damage the exteriors of buildings and could force condo associations into leveling special assessments. A variety of activities await as you can watch the play of clouds around Haleakala mountain, take a snorkel trip to Molokini, or test your skills at some of South Maui's world class golf courses just down the road in Wailea or Makena.
Maui Banyan condo sales in 2021
- Number of units sold: 21(up from 12 in 2020)
- Average sales price: $709,024 (up from $626,000 in 2020)
- Average sales price per square foot: $877.84 (up from $751.01 in 2020)
Maui Banyan condo sales in 2020
- Number of units sold: 9(down from 12 in 2019)
- Average sales price: $626,000 (up from $606,000 in 2019)
- Average sales price per square foot: $751.01 (up from $750.57 in 2019)
Maui Banyan condo sales in 2019
- Number of units sold: 12(same as 2018)
- Average sales price: $606,000 (up from $509,583 in 2018)
- Average sales price per square foot: $750.57 (up from $684.08 in 2018)
Maui Banyan condo sales in 2018
- Number of units sold: 12(down from 16 sales in 2017)
- Average sales price: $509,583 (down from $542,713 in 2017)
- Average sales price per square foot: $684.08 (up from $667.46 in 2017)
Maui Banyan condo sales in 2017
- Number of units sold: 16(up from 13 sales in 2016)
- Average sales price: $542,713 (close to $542,923 in 2016)
- Average sales price per square foot: $667.46 (up from $604.01 in 2016)
Maui Banyan condo sales in 2016
- Number of units sold: 13 (up from 10 sales in 2015)
- Average sales price: $542,923 (up from $479,705 in 2015)
- Average sales price per square foot: $604.01 (up from $601.81 in 2015)
Maui Banyan condo sales in 2015
- Number of units sold: 10 (on par with 10 sales in 2014)
- Average sales price: $479,705 (down from $489,300 in 2014)
- Average sales price per square foot: $601.81 (down from $648.37 in 2014)
Maui Banyan maintenance fees
The monthly maintenance fees (called Strata fees by Canadians) for Maui Banyan condos vary depending on the size of the unit. Although there are distinctly four different floor plan options, they range in size across each floor plan so its hard to accurately set ranges for each floor plan.
Approximate Maintenance Fees:
1BR/2BA units - $450 to $645 per month
2BR/2BA units - $645 to $700 per month
3BR/3BA units - $730 per month
Can I vacation rent a Maui Banyan condo?
Maui Banyan condominiums can be rented on a short term basis (officially called a "transient vacation rental" by Maui County). The condo has an on-site manager office to help facilitate running the complex and assure the complex is in tip top shape. The complex has a little over 10% owner occupancy rate, so we could say the complex is mostly designed to cater to visiting guests.
How many units are there at Maui Banyan?
Set on on 8 lush acres of tropical like grounds are the 256 condo units making up the entire complex. They are dispersed evenly throughout eight separate buildings, the A, B, and F building sit directly across from South Kihei Road with many of these units enjoying remarkable ocean views, particularly during the late afternoon around sunset time.
How large are Maui Banyan units?
Many of the units have gone through upgrades over time as owners have gone on to build equity in their units. The smallest units available are 1 bed, two bath units with just about 650 square feet. Now once we start looking at the 2 bed, 2 bath floor plans, there are two different living area sizes: 890 and 930 square feet. Finally the 3 bed, 3 bath units boast sizes of about 1200 square feet.
Maui Banyan vacation rentals
There are about 100 units available for rent on VRBO sites and prices vary depending on location in the resort, floor level and quality of the unit.
Rental rates for Maui Banyan:
Studio/1BA units - starting from $100/night up to $150/night
1BR/2BA units - starting from $130/night up to $170/night
2BR/2BA units - starting from $175/night up to $285/night
3BR/3BA units - starting from $285/night up to $320/night