2191 South Kihei Road
Building & Units
- Year Built 1980
- Number of Buildings 3
- Number of Floors 4
- Number of Units 280
- Min - Max Price $400,000 - $600,000
- Maintenance Fee $482.00 - $701.00
- Fitness Center no
- Pool yes
- Gated Entry no
- Tennis Court yes
- Location Across the street from Ocean
- Area (neighborhood) Kihei
- Region (area) South Maui
- Pets No
- Vacation Rentals Yes
Introduction to Maui Vista
Maui Vista is a great choice among the Kihei condominium community, it is just a few minutes from Charley Young Beach (a good beginner surf spot) and Kamaole Beach Park (a great swimming and relaxing beach). The complex represents a sound target for investors, it is a vacation rental with good demand and in an ideal South Maui location. The high turnover rate allows for investors to enter and exit this market throughout the year and it also does suggest there are willing buyers looking in this price point. A majority of the units enjoy the famous South Maui views and is a useful selling point for prospective buyers.
Maui Vista condo sales in 2018
- Number of units sold: 25 (up from 24 in 2017)
- Average sales price: $398,023 (up from $348,070 in 2017)
- Average sales price per square foot: $607.54 (up from $536.18 in 2017)
Maui Vista condo sales in 2017
- Number of units sold: 24 (24 in 2016)
- Average sales price: $348,070 (down from $362,062 in 2016)
- Average sales price per square foot: $536.18 (down from $542.77 in 2016)
Maui Vista condo sales in 2016
- Number of units sold: 24 (up from 19 in 2015)
- Average sales price: $362,062 (up from $350,257 in 2015)
- Average sales price per square foot: $542.77 (up from $551.56 in 2015)
Maui Vista condo sales in 2015
- Number of units sold: 19 (up from 7 in 2014)
- Average sales price: $350,257 (up from $322,771 in 2014)
- Average sales price per square foot: $551.56 (up from $483.32 in 2014)
Maui Vista maintenance fees
The monthly maintenance fees (called Strata fees by Canadians) for Maui Vista varies depending on the size of the unit. Below are some approximate monthly fees based on information collected from Maui Vista units for sale.
Approximate maintenance fees:
1BR/1BA units - 588 sq. ft. $330 to $440 per month
2BR/2BA units with 822 sq.ft. - approx. $616 per month
Can I vacation rent a Maui Vista condo?
Maui Vista condominiums can be rented on a short term basis (officially called a "transient vacation rental" by Maui County).
How many units are there at Maui Vista?
There are a total of 280 condo units at Maui Vista. There are 3 buildings sitting on 8.82 of prime Kihei real estate, each one is compromised of 4 floors complete with their own pool and more than enough tennis courts for each building. Building 1 is closest to South Kihei Road and building 3 the furthest from the road.
How large are Maui Vista units?
There are two main floor plans at Maui vista. The first is a one bed, one bath, and 588 square feet. Immediately entering the condo is the bathroom and bedroom, down the small hallway is the kitchen, it then opens into the living area, and eventually leads to the lanai. The two bed, two bath, and 822 square foot units are similar to the one bed units but with an upstairs bed and bath.
Maui Vista vacation rentals
There are about 150 units available for rent on VRBO sites and prices vary depending on location in the resort, floor level and quality of the unit.
Rental rates for Maui Vista:
1BR/1BA units - starting from $75/night up to $165/night
2BR/2BA units - starting from $135/night up to $250/night