938 South Kihei Road
Building & Units
- Year Built 1976
- Number of Buildings 2
- Number of Floors 6
- Number of Units 168
- Min - Max Price $250,000 - $550,000
- Maintenance Fee $553.00 - $676.00
- Pool yes
- Gated Entry no
- Tennis Court no
- Location Beachfront
- Area (neighborhood) Kihei
- Region (area) South Maui
- Pets No
- Vacation Rentals Yes
Introduction to Kauhale Makai
The Kauhale Makai, also affectionally known as Village by the Sea, was completed over 30+ years ago and represents a medium sized beachfront condo community on Kihei's pretty northern shores. The buildings are over five stories tall and possess amazing South Maui ocean views towards the deep blue pacific and the West Maui mountains in the distance from the upper floors. Majority of the units come complete with their own private lanais.The amenities will keep residents entertained with three different barbecue areas in the courtyard, swimming pools, spas, and game rooms. There are plenty of laundry areas, storage facilities, secured parking. The gardens in the courtyard of this complex are calming with lots of green trees, gardens, and all residents have access to the beach and stores within walking distance of their front doors.
Kauhale Makai condo sales in 2018
- Number of units sold: 14 (up from 13 in 2017)
- Average sales price: $397,607 (up from $322,808 in 2017)
- Average sales price per square foot: $610.89 (close to $484.86 in 2017)
Kauhale Makai condo sales in 2017
- Number of units sold: 13 (up from 12 in 2016)
- Average sales price: $322,808 (down from $350,000 in 2016)
- Average sales price per square foot: $470.67 (down from $482.97 in 2016)
Kauhale Makai condo sales in 2016
- Number of units sold: 12 (down from 14 in 2015)
- Average sales price: $350,000 (down from $370,321 in 2015)
- Average sales price per square foot: $482.97 (down from $510.67 in 2015)
Kauhale Makai condo sales in 2015
- Number of units sold: 14 (up from 12 in 2014)
- Average sales price: $370,321 (up from $325,833 in 2014)
- Average sales price per square foot: $510.67 (up from $458.39 in 2014)
Kauhale Makai maintenance fees
The monthly maintenance fees (called Strata fees by Canadians) for Kauhale Makai varies depending on the size of the unit. Below are some approximate monthly fees based on information collected from Kauhale Makai units for sale.
Approximate maintenance fees:
Studio/1BA units - $480 per month
1BR/1BA units - $670 to $830 per month
2BR/2BA units - $850 to $1100 per month
Can I vacation rent a Kauhale Makai condo?
Yes, Kauhale Makai condominiums can be rented on a short term basis (officially called a "transient vacation rental" by Maui County).
How many units are there at Kauhale Makai?
There are a total of 168 condo units at Kauhale Makai divided among 2 building spanning 3.11 acres of land.
How large are Kauhale Makai units?
At Kauhale Makai there are two floor plans (that are officially listed) to choose from: a one bedroom one bath and a two bed two bath; while there also a very limited amount of studio floor plans. The one bedroom is around 600 square feet and boasts a lanai; immediately entering the condo is the kitchen on the left, the bedroom and bathroom are on the right, while the living room is beyond the kitchen. The two bedroom is approximately 650+ square feet and also has a lanai; entering the condo, the bedroom and the kitchen are on the left, the living room is just past the kitchen, while the second bedroom is off of the living room.
Kauhale Makai vacation rentals
There are about 90 units available for rent on VRBO sites and prices vary depending on location in the resort, floor level and quality of the unit.
Rental rates for Kauhale Makai:
Studio/1BA units - starting from $90/night up to $130/night
1BR/1BA units - starting from $100/night up to $200/night
3BR/3BA units - starting from $200/night up to $300/night