Montage Residences Kapalua Bay
1 Bay Drive
Building & Units
- Year Built 2009
- Number of Buildings 6
- Number of Floors 6
- Number of Units 54
- Min - Max Price $3,500,000 - $9,000,000
- Maintenance Fee $4,140.00 - $5,197.00
- Fitness Center yes
- Pool yes
- Gated Entry no
- Tennis Court no
- Location Beachfront
- Area (neighborhood) Kapalua
- Region (area) West Maui
- Pets Yes (excluding dogs)
- Vacation Rentals Yes
Introduction to Montage Residences Kapalua
Residing in what is known as the Kapalua resort, it is home to some of Hawaii's most luxurious and desirable coastal properties. With a prestigious and worthy reputation of providing 5 star (plus) quality accommodations in other locales - Deer Valley, Beverly Hills, Laguna Beach - the Montage Kapalua is certainly raising the standard in the high-end market. After a multi-million dollar revamp of the property, the design now maximizes the property's lifestyle with emphasis on Hawaiian culture and Aloha aspects.
All of the condominiums are offered as Fee Simple ownership to simplify ownership details to allow for residents to enjoy their time under the West Maui sun. The 24 acre resort is the ideal destination to embrace island hospitality and authentic culture. At every turn, a true sense of balance and harmony — as you relax and enjoy all?suite accommodations, inspired cuisine, championship golf, water sports, and an award winning Hawaii inspired spa.
Montage Residences Kapalua Bay condo sales in 2020
- Number of units sold: 9 (down from 21 in 2019)
- Average sales price: $3,215,444 (down from $4,116,429 in 2019)
- Average sales price per square foot: $1,407.44 (down from $1,556.43 in 2019)
Montage Residences Kapalua Bay condo sales in 2019
- Number of units sold: 21 (up from 12 in 2018)
- Average sales price: $4,116,429 (down from $4,898,340 in 2018)
- Average sales price per square foot: $1,556.43 (down from $1,572.08 in 2018)
Montage Residences Kapalua Bay condo sales in 2018
- Number of units sold: 12 (same as 2017)
- Average sales price: $4,898,340 (up from $4,532,333 in 2017)
- Average sales price per square foot: $1,572.08 (down from $1,582.06 in 2017)
Montage Residences Kapalua Bay condo sales in 2017
- Number of units sold: 12 (up from 9 in 2016)
- Average sales price: $4,532,333 (up from $4,555,555 in 2016)
- Average sales price per square foot: $1,582.06 (up from $1,515.56 in 2016)
Montage Residences Kapalua Bay condo sales in 2016
- Number of units sold: 9 (up from 7 in 2015)
- Average sales price: $4,555,555 (up from $4,530,000 in 2015)
- Average sales price per square foot: $1,515.56 (down from $1609.25 in 2014)
Montage Residences Kapalua Bay condo sales in 2015
- Number of units sold: 7 (down from 8 in 2014)
- Average sales price: $4,530,000 (up from $4,518,125 in 2014)
- Average sales price per square foot: $1609.25 (up from $1603.45 in 2014)
Montage Residences Kapalua Bay condo sales in 2014
- Number of units sold: 8 (equal to 8 in 2013)
- Average sales price: $4,518,125 (down from $5,848,125 in 2013)
- Average sales price per square foot: $1603.45 (down from $1760.95 in 2013)
Montage Residences Kapalua Bay monthly maintenance fees
The monthly maintenance fees (called Strata fees by Canadians) for the Montage Residences Kapalua Bay varies from unit to unit These maintenance fees are subject to change.
Approximate maintenance fees:
3BR/3.5BA units with 2789 sq.ft. - $3338 to $3700 per month
3BR/3.5BA units with 2904 sq.ft. - $3423 to $2905 per month
3BR/3.5BA units with 3000 sq.ft. - $3255 to $4615 per month
4BR/4.5BA units with 4055 sq.ft. - $3757 per month
Can I vacation rent a Montage Residences Kapalua Bay condos?
The Montage Residences Kapalua Bay can be rented out on a short term basis (officially called a "transient vacation rental" by Maui County). These villas in particular command nightly rental fees in excess of $1000. Depending on the season, unit location, finishes, and demand, the unit rental fares can vary greatly.
How many units are there at Montage Residences Kapalua Bay?
The Kapalua community is an extremely privileged and wealthy resort to get into. The Montage Residences are offered at a premium as there are only 54 total units available for sale.
How large are Montage Residences Kapalua Bay units?
Montage describes their three floor plans as:
The three bedroom Makoa floor plan allows one to "take in dynamic sunset views, cook in your state-of-the-art chef’s kitchen, and entertain family and friends in the comfort and expanse of your island home. Pocket doors and generous windows let the trade winds flow freely, allowing all who call Makoa home to feel at peace, embraced by Hawaii’s natural elements."
"The Leilani floor plan, where three spacious bedrooms are complemented by an additional den: Imagine it as an office, additional bedroom or recreational room. However you decide to use the space, you’ll be at home here, where there’s room for everyone to stay, play and make memories that will last for years to come."
At Kahua, all paths lead to the lanai. No matter what home means to you, you’ll enjoy every moment against the backdrop of a resplendent Hawaiian view. With four bedrooms, Kahua is the most spacious of all Residence floor plans, allowing for generations of ohana (family) to gather, grow and thrive through the years.
Montage Residences Kapalua Bay vacation rentals
There are about 10-15 units available for rent on VRBO sites and prices vary depending on location in the resort, floor level and quality of the unit.
Rental rates for Montage Residences Kapalua Bay:
3BR/3BA units - starting from $1100/night up to $1900/night
4BR/4BA units - starting from $2300/night and up