4850 Makena Alanui Rd.
Building & Units
- Year Built 1984
- Number of Buildings 7
- Number of Floors 2
- Number of Units 105
- Min - Max Price $2,200,000 - $4,000,000
- Maintenance Fee $1,095.00 - $2,167.00
- Fitness Center no
- Pool yes
- Gated Entry yes
- Tennis Court yes
- Location Beachfront
- Area (neighborhood) Makena
- Region (area) South Maui
- Pets No
- Vacation Rentals Yes
Built in 1984, Makena Surf was the first condominium constructed in the highly sought after Makena Resort. Since it’s conception over 25 years ago, the neighborhood has only gained popularity by owners and regular vacation goers alike. The entire property features 105 units sitting on approximately 10.81 acres, which includes a very close proximity to both Chang’s and Paipu beaches. The B, E, F, and G buildings were completed by 1984, while the A and C buildings were added on between 1990-1993. There are two access points to Makena Surf, which are conveniently located right off of Makena Alanui Road on your way to Big Beach. Seclusion, Relaxation, and Jaw Dropping Views basically sum up the neighborhood.
There are 12 different floor plans highlighted in the community, which range from 1038 to 2678 of interior square footage. Air-conditioned one, two, and three bedroom villas feature exclusive covered lanais, which look clear out to the Pacific.
Walking through this stunning oceanfront property truly gives one the sense of “Old Hawaii". Other than listening to the birds and the ocean breeze, the entire Makena Surf community exudes privacy and is extremely quiet. The tropical grounds are well manicured, with two pools and tennis courts available to owners and guests alike. There is also a convenient BBQ and pavilion area for entertaining friends and family. This is an excellent vacation rental condo, and the only condominium complex in the Makena Resort that permits vacation rentals. Pets are not allowed in the neighborhood.
Makena Surf condo sales in 2018
- Number of units sold: 6 (up from 5 in 2017)
- Average sales price: $2,518,333 (down from $2,645,000 in 2017)
- Average sales price per square foot: $1,963.35 (up from $1,539.63 in 2017)
Makena Surf condo sales in 2017
- Number of units sold: 5 (up from 3 in 2016)
- Average sales price: $2,645,000 (up from $2,461,333 in 2016)
- Average sales price per square foot: $1,539.63 (down from $1,740.45 in 2016)
Makena Surf condo sales in 2016
- Number of units sold: 3 (down from 6 in 2015)
- Average sales price: $2,461,333 (up from $2,336,666 in 2015)
- Average sales price per square foot: $1,740.45 (up from $1,625.80 in 2015)
Makena Surf condo sales in 2015
- Number of units sold: 6 (up from 0 in 2014)
- Average sales price: $2,336,666 (up from $0 in 2014)
- Average sales price per square foot: $1,625.8 (up from $0 in 2014)
Makena Surf Condo sales in 2014
- Number of units sold: 0 (down from 2 in 2013)
- Average sales price: $0 (down from $1,950,000 in 2013)
- Average sales price per square foot: $0 (down from $1,162.92 in 2013)
Makena Surf maintenance fees
The monthly maintenance fees (called Strata fees by Canadians) for Makena Surf varies depending on the size of the unit. Below are some approximate monthly fees based on information collected from Makena Surf units for sale.
Approximate maintenance fees:
2BR/2BA units - $1068 to $1705 per month
3BR/2BA units - $1425 to $1970 per month
Can I vacation rent a Makena Surf condo?
Makena Surf condominiums can be rented on a short term basis (officially called a "transient vacation rental" by Maui County).
Makena Surf vacation rentals
There are about 50 units available for rent on VRBO sites and prices vary depending on location in the resort, floor level and quality of the unit.
Rental rates for Makena Surf:
2BR/2BA units - starting from $500/night up to $956/night
3BR/3BA units - starting from $760/night up to $1500/night