- Region West Maui
- Vacation Rentable Yes
Introduction to the Whaler
Formally known as the Whaler on Ka'anapali Beach, the complex sits on 6.67 acres of premier Ka'anapali Beach! Life at the Whaler is dynamic and always changing as the complex is property manged by Aston Hotels, so there is a condo-tel aspect to ownership. The outdoor lifestyle and the beachfront location of the complex is the main selling point for buyers; it is just a short stroll to the renowned Black Rock (popular spot for jumping off a 15 foot jump) and offers a safe and calm snorkeling spot around Black Rock as well. Each unit comes complete with a cover lanai that offers the quintessential spot for watching the mesmerizing South Maui sunsets. The Kaanapali Boardwalk separates the Whaler and Ka'anapali Beach and is a lovely walk in the early mornings or the late afternoon as the sun i setting. winds along the beach and will guide you to opulent shopping, exquisite dining, and fun filled activities that guarantee you will always have something to do.
Whaler condo sales in 2018
- Number of units sold: 17 (up from 16 in 2017)
- Average sales price: $1,162,647 (up from $1,128,556 in 2017)
- Average sales price per square foot: $1,318.48 (up from $1,209.40 in 2017)
Whaler condo sales in 2017
- Number of units sold: 16 (up from 9 in 2016)
- Average sales price: $1,128,556 (down from $1,346,911 in 2016)
- Average sales price per square foot: $1,209.40 (down from $1,326.54 in 2016)
Whaler condo sales in 2016
- Number of units sold: 9 (up from 5 in 2015)
- Average sales price: $1,346,911 (up from $815,900 in 2015)
- Average sales price per square foot: $1,326.54 (up from $1006.33 in 2015)
Whaler condo sales in 2015
- Number of units sold: 5 (down from 17 in 2014)
- Average sales price: $815,900 (down from $951,058 in 2014)
- Average sales price per square foot: $1,006.33 (down from $1,058.07 in 2014)
Whaler maintenance fees
The monthly maintenance fees (called Strata fees by Canadians) for The Whaler varies depending on the size of the unit.
Approximate maintenance fees:
Studio units - $980 to $1230 per month
1BR/1BA units - $1850 to $2100 per month
1BR/2BA units - $1700 to $2100 per month
2BR/2BA units - $2600 to $3200 per month
Can I vacation rent a Whaler condo?
The Whaler condominiums can be rented on a short term basis (officially called a "transient vacation rental" by Maui County).
How many units are there at The Whaler?
The Whaler is a sprawling complex and is definitely on the larger side of the spectrum with a total of 360 units across 2 towers and 12 floors.
How large are Whaler units?
Floor plan sizes at The Whaler:
Studio units - 523-540 sqft.
1BR/1BA units - 901 sqft.
1BR/2BA units - 905-941 sqft.
2BR/2BA units - 1444 sqft.
Whaler vacation rentals
There are about 200 units available for rent on VRBO and other 3rd party sites, prices vary depending on location in the resort, floor level and quality of the unit.
Rental rates for the Whaler:
Studio units - starting from $160/night up to $365/night
1BR units - starting from $180/night up to $365/night
2BR/2BA units - starting from $366/night up to $900/night
New condos listed in the Whaler and recently updated listings are below, you can also see all Whaler condos for sale.
See all The Whaler condos for sale