Building & Units
- Year Built 1981
- Number of Buildings 12
- Number of Floors 2
- Number of Units 140
- Min - Max Price $440,000 - $660,000
- Maintenance Fee $1,051.00 - $605.00
- Fitness Center no
- Pool yes
- Gated Entry no
- Tennis Court yes
- Location Inland
- Area (neighborhood) Kihei
- Region (area) South Maui
- Pets No
- Vacation Rentals Yes
Introduction to Maui Hill
The Maui Hill complex is a stunning vacation rentable Kihei condo sitting on slight hill that slowly terraces back towards the mauka direction. From its elevated location, the complex combines its tropical vibe with majestic ocean views over the Pacific to offer a serene and calming resort like setting. Because the community is on the cusp of Wailea, Maui Hill offers residents the best of the luxurious Wailea lifestyle, while being within 5 minutes of some of Kihei and Wailea's best beaches.
One thing to remember about Maui Hill is the units are offered as leaseholds instead of fee simple. The units here are the perfect destination for visitors or even permanent residents because all suites come complete with all of the amenities one looks for in a residence, including a heated swimming pool, jet spa, tennis court, putting green, shuffleboard, and outdoor barbecue areas.
Maui Hill condo sales in 2019
- Number of units sold: 4 (down from 6 in 2018)
- Average sold Price: $529,225 (up from $468,250 in 2018)
- Average sales price per square foot: $474.64 (up from $425.82 in 2018)
Maui Hill condo sales in 2018
- Number of units sold: 6 (up from 2 in 2017)
- Average sold Price: $468,250 (down from $492,500 in 2017)
- Average sales price per square foot: $425.82 (down from $446.87 in 2017)
Maui Hill condo sales in 2017
- Number of units sold: 2 (up from 1 in 2016)
- Average sold Price: $492,500 (up from $395,000 in 2016)
- Average sales price per square foot: $446.87 (up from $354.26 in 2016)
Maui Hill condo sales in 2016
- Number of units sold: 1 (up from 3 in 2015)
- Average sold Price: $395,000 (down from $386,000 in 2015)
- Average sales price per square foot: $354.26 (down from $345.76 in 2015)
Maui Hill maintenance fees
The monthly maintenance fees (called Strata fees by Canadians) for Maui Hill varies depending on the size of the unit.
Approximate maintenance fees:
1BR/2BA units - $500.97 to $605.05 per month
2BR/2BA units - $639.12 to $818.24 per month
3BR/3BA units - $750 to $872.59 per month
Can I vacation rent a Maui Hill condo?
Maui Hill condominiums can be rented on a short term basis (officially called a "transient vacation rental" by Maui County).
How many units are there at Maui Hill?
There are a total of 140 condo units at Maui Hill where the community has been split into an upper and lower part of the complex. The units are loosely clustered together making it hard to nail down a specific number of buildings in the complex; if there was a number to be put on it, there are about 15 or so depending on how you counted.
How large are Maui Hill units?
At Maui Hill, there are three floor plans to choose from where some are more rare than others. The most popular floor plans are the 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom units, with the 3 bedroom units being the most rare.
- 1 bedroom, 2 bathrooms, 2 lanais, and 817 sqft.
- 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 lanais, and 1117 sqft.
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 lanais, 2 stories, and 1557 sqft.
Maui Hill vacation rentals
There are approximately 60 units available for rent on VRBO, Airbnb, and 3rd party sites where prices vary depending on location in the resort, floor level and quality of the unit.
Rental rates for Maui Hill:
1BR/2BA units - starting from $150/night up to $230/night
2BR/2BA units - starting from $150/night up to $280/night
3BR/3BA units - starting from $380/night up to $450/night